PART-TIME and FULL-TIME CLEANING TEAM MEMBERS
Looking for a few extra hours of work to supplement your income, or are you seeking a new cleaning position at night or during the day? Heritage Building Maintenance has opportunities available!
Work includes cleaning/janitorial services such as trashing, dusting, mopping, and vacuuming. Hours vary by position, building and responsibility.
Full-time Cleaning Team Members received 6 paid holidays annually, after 90 days of employment. Insurance benefits available for Full-time Cleaning Team Members.
Call 515-868-0842 to learn about current positions and starting wages, or stop in at our offices at 5140 Park Avenue, Suite J, Des Moines, IA 50321 to apply today! We are open from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You may also apply online at https://heritagebldg.com/apply-to-work-at-heritage/
Heritage Cleaning Team Member – General Job Description
Under the direction of the Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing janitorial duties for office buildings and related areas. Quality customer service must be provided to the client at all times. Knowledge or willingness to learn proper cleaning techniques is essential.
Varied second shift, between 5 p.m. and 1:30 a.m. Hours for Daytime positions will vary
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
• Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of flooring and stairs.
• Clean and sanitize bathrooms.
• Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break rooms.
• Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and common areas.
• Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary.
• Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered.
• Cleaning windowsills and windows.
• Maintain janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner.
• Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
• Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
• Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good client/customer service skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
• Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
• Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willing to learn.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• Six months or more related experience preferred but not required.
• Own vehicle or reliable transportation for locations that are NOT bus accessible
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work is performed in a variety of different offices with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
Direct Deposit Pay every other Friday.
Heritage is an equal opportunity employer.